Manchester City could learn the fate surrounding attacking target Erling Haaland as early as next week, it has been reported.

The 21-year-old Borussia Dortmund striker has emerged as a primary target for a number of global giants but the Blues are one of the clubs in the driving seat to secure the Norwegian. City have been without a recognised striker since the departure of Sergio Aguero last summer and their efforts to replace him by signing Harry Kane also proved fruitless after they failed to come to an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur last summer.

Last month, the Manchester Evening News reported that Pep Guardiola’s side were closing in on landing the talisman but were remaining quiet on reports of offering the striker £500,000-per-week. Real Madrid have previously been linked with his services.

READ MORE: Man City boss Pep Guardiola compares winning the Premier League to Champions League

However on Sunday (May 8), there was a positive update from a City perspective. The Black Yellows director Sebastian Kehl told Sport1, via Fabrizio Romano: “Erling Haaland deal?

“I think we will have clarity on Erling in the next week.” City are willing to meet Haaland’s £64m release clause.

Meanwhile, Paul Pogba’s shock move to Etihad is said to be ‘unlikely’, according to David Ornstein. The Frenchman is out of contract at the Blues’ cross-city rivals Manchester United in the summer and reports suggested he could make the forbidden move across to the blue half of Manchester.

But this has since been quashed, as Ornstein reveals Pogba is likely to move abroad, via City Xtra. Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus have previously been mooted as his next destination.

Sign up to our City newsletter so you never miss an update from the Etihad Stadium this season.





Source link